Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Roasted Garlic

This is one of my favorites... roasted garlic is good in so many dishes. In its simplest form, spread roasted cloves onto crusty bread. Or squeeze out the roasted cloves and use in any dish calling for roasted garlic.

1. Cut about 1/4 inch from the top of the garlic bulb. I also trim a bit off the sides if there are any cloves fully covered by the skin; I like to be sure each clove is exposed to absorb the oil.

2. Pour one tablespoon olive oil into the bulb. Pour slowly so as much oil can seep into the garlic as possible. Sprinkle with a bit of salt (I use kosher) and pepper.

3. TIGHTLY wrap the bulb in foil. In this instance I did not wrap it well, and the olive oil ended up smoking in the bottom of my oven. Not good.

4. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes, or until the garlic is golden brown and spreadable. Allow the bulb to cool a bit before handling. The cloves will be HOT.


Spreadable, delectable, garlicky goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment